The application process to the Belgrade Dance Institute onto accredited BA programme Artistic dance for the 2018/2019 academic cycle is open.
The BA modules are: Classical ballet, Contemporary dance, Choreography, Classical ballet pedagogy, Contemporary dance pedagogy, and National dance and music.
Entrance Exam preparation classes for Classical ballet and Contemporary dance will be held from September 10th to 15th 2018.
Entrance Exam preparation classes for National dance and music will be held from September 15th to 16th 2018.
The entrance exam preparation classes’ fee for classical ballet, contemporary dance and national dance and music is 5,000 Dinars. If the candidate attends entrance exam preparation classes, the entrance exam free is weaved.
The classical ballet class consultations are held by Prof. Aleksandar Ilić, for the program Contemporary Dance – Prof. Urša Rupnik, for Choreography department – Prof. Dijana Milošević, and National dance and music – Prof. Dr. Vesna Bajić Stojiljković.
The entrance examination consists of a studio technique component, a general knowledge, and an English language proficiency test.
The studio technique entrance examination includes the following:
- Classical ballet exam includes rod and center exercises, allegro, and pointe work exercises;
- Contemporary dance exam includes floor, center, and improvisation exercises (the Professor assigns the improvisation);
- Choreography exam includes a max. three-minute-long choreography with a short description (the candidate can choose whether to perform it himself/herself; provides the music and everything he/she needs for the choreography);
- Pedagogy candidates need to have completed secondary ballet school education; rod and center exercises, allegro, and pointe work exercises;
- Contemporary Pedagogy exam includes floor, center, and improvisation exercises (the Professor assigns the improvisation);
- National dance exam includes a practical performance of a number of dances from all ethnochoreological areas of Serbia, step patterns in a given tact number, and preparation of a thematic two/three-minute-long choreographic miniature with a short description.
The entrance exam for all modules includes the general knowledge test and the English language competence test which will be held on September 17th, 2018.
The entrance exam for Classical ballet and classical ballet pedagogy will be held on September 18th, 2018.
The entrance exam for Folk dance – the stage folk dance and music will be held on September 17th, 2018.
The entrance exam for Contemporary dance, pedagogy of contemporary dance and choreography will be held on September 19th, 2018.
The entrance exam is 2,000 Dinars (candidates who attend preparatory classes are exempted from the payment of the entrance exam fees).
Payment is made to the following account of the Institute: 265167031000009130; Model: JMBG of the candidate (international candidates please inquire for instructions).
ENTRANCE EXAMS SCHEDULE:
General knowledge and English Language Competence Testing (All Departments):
17. 09. 2018 at 15.00; Classroom 330 – General knowledge test (duration of the test is 45 minutes).
18. 09. 2018 at 16.00; Classroom 313 – testing the level of competence of the English language.
Entry exam for the Classical ballet and Classical Ballet Pedagogy:
18. 09. 2018 at 10.00; Ballet Studio 307.
Entry exam for folk dance – the stage folk dance and music:
17. 09. 2018 at 14.00; Ballet Studio 214.
Entry exam for contemporary dance, pedagogy of contemporary dance:
19. 09. 2018 at 10.00; Ballet Studio 214.
Entrance Exam for Choreography: 19. 09. 2018 at 13.00; Ballet Studio 214.
NOTE: High School Documents, including transcripts should to be submitted on the day of general knowledge test (17. 09. 2018).
For any additional information, you can schedule consultations every working day from 09.00 to 17.00 at + 381 11 41 40 421 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
First working day is September 3rd , 2018.